Monday, December 28, 2009

The lesson we won't learn from the knicker-bomber...

Is pretty much the same lesson we didn't learn from the Fort Hood shooter, or for that matter, the 9-11 conspirators. That lesson is that the enemies of this country are serious about doing us harm. We are not serious about defending ourselves.

The knicker-bomber bought a one-way ticket with cash. Further, his father had warned authorities that his son was a threat. He was even on the watch list. How many friggin red flags do they need? But wait--it's better to let a plane filled with innocent passengers go down in flames than be accused of profiling.

Have you ever noticed that no one ever hijacks an El Al airliner? Do you wonder why that is? Maybe someone ought to check into it....

On a side note, I wonder how that whole, "49 virgins," thing is going to work out now that the boy has blown his nads off?

4 comments:

heatherchopsticks said...

I think its actually 72 virgins, and for some fun options (at least for us):
72 virginians
72 virgin nuns
and my favorite,
a german theologist actually translated the koran to be "72 white grapes"
I totally want to blow myself up in order to get them white grapes...

Dennis Bryant said...

I stand corrected.

And I might add that at my age, I think I'd be better off with the grapes. 72 virgins would undoubtedly be the end of me...

NeighSayer said...

It was reported that suicide-bombing was actually down lately, because they had a look at a picture of Susan Boyle.

Dennis Bryant said...

Oh, I don't know. I think Susan Boyle is kinda cute...